We use your information for the legitimate purposes of the study including to:
- Invite you to take part in the study
- Ensure the study represents the UK population
- Record whether you take part in the study
- Understand who does and doesn’t take part
- Keep in touch with you
- Carry out surveys
- Link data to your study record
- Collect and analyse biological samples
- Share our research data
- Share our research findings
- Understand how our website and social media are used
As the study follows study members’ whole life course, we plan to keep study data for at least as long as the study exists. We take confidentiality, security of study data and the individual rights of study respondents seriously. We have arrangements in place to protect study respondents’ personal information.
In this section you can find:
- Fair processing notice: This summarises how we use and protect your personal data.
- Privacy notice: This tells you what happens to any personal data that you give us, or any that we may collect for the study.
- Looking after your information Q&A: Got questions about looking after your information? Check out our Q&A